Carbon monoxide poisoning sends 6 to hospital
Carbon monoxide from a running automobile sent six people to the hospital Sunday morning.
According to Austin/Travis County EMS, a total of 12 people were affected by carbon monoxide poisoning at 12041 Dessau Road. A man and a woman, both unconscious, were taken by ambulance to St. David’s Hospital in Central Austin for hyperbaric therapy.
An official with the Austin Fire Department said the carbon monoxide came from a car left running in the garage at the address. Two of the patients lived at the address while the others lived in nearby apartments.
Six people refused treatment.