Man assaults woman in NE Austin
Police are looking for a man they say physically assaulted a woman in northeast Austin Oct. 26.
Officers say a female was walking in a park north of Bethuen and Providence streets when she was grabbed by a suspect and taken into a secluded area.
The female was physically assaulted while she screamed for help.
The suspect is described to have the following characteristics, per APD:
• Hispanic male
• Mid 20s
• Five-feet , nine-inches tall with thin build
• Brown, curly to wavy hair
• Series of small vertical scars of varying lengths on right upper cheek
• Light stubble on chin along jaw line
• He was last seen wearing a light blue or green-checkered shirt and dark pants
Police say there were people who saw the suspect when he fled on foot. Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call APD’s Sex Crime Unit at (512) 974-5230 or Crime Stoppers at (512) 472-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or charges filed could be subject to a $1,000 reward.