24 displaced by South Austin fourplex fire
Twenty-four people are out of their homes after a fourplex fire on Cougar Drive in South Austin.
Crews with the Austin Fire Department were called out at about 10:40 a.m. Saturday morning. The blaze started in one unit and spread to the attic.
"It's different to have a duplex or fourplex,” Eddie Martinez with AFD said. “The guys who came out on scene first did an amazing job of getting good signs up and letting people know what the inside looked like."
One unit has fire damage. The other three have smoke and water damage. AFD officials say the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical problem.
The fire caused $80,000 in structural damage and $20,000 in damage to contents.
The Red Cross is helping those displaced find temporary accommodations.