Hutto High School evacuated due to chemistry experiment
A chemistry experiment gone awry prompted the evacuation of Hutto High School Friday afternoon.
According to the Hutto Independent School District’s website, smoke was detected during a chemistry experiment and all students and staff were ordered out of the building.
Firefighters are currently ventilating the building and classes are expected to resume shortly.
According to HISD spokesperson Emily Grobe, it is not necessary for parents to pick up their children as school will continue through the day.
No injuries have been reported.