The Car Coach: 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
The 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show brings us 50 world debuts, including hybrids, diesels, EV and performance cars.
These debuts highlighted the latest in-car technologies, as well as continued fuel-efficiency with several hybrid, electric and alternative-fuel vehicles. Overall, there were two dozen all-electric or plug-in electric models at the show, including at least a dozen clean-diesel vehicles and nearly 20 vehicles achieving 40-plus mpg with highly advanced four-cylinder gasoline engines.
Let’s highlight of few of the hottest new vehicles:
VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA - New Beetle Convertible!
• Debut of the 2013 Beetle Convertible: practical fun for four! There are 3 special editions: 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.
• Debut of the Beetle R-Line: sporty, aggressive styling!
CHEVY SPARK EV AT THE LA AUTO SHOW
• Highly anticipated all electric vehicle with zero emission urban driving
• First EV to achieve 80% charge in 20 minutes / exclusive MyLink radio
• GM’s largest electric motor and battery
• First U.S. automaker to build complete electric motor / drive unit in America
• Aerodynamic exterior designed to save energy
AUDI OF AMERICA - Introduces Four New TDI Clean Diesel Models to US Market (Audi A8, A7, A6, Q5)
• 30% better fuel economy and lower carbon dioxide emissions than gas engines
• Audi emphasizes diesel’s Important role in efficiency / green motoring equation
• Clean diesel clock display shows diesel’s fuel efficiency
• Record sales continue for Audi in America
Green Car Journal named the 2013 Ford Fusion Green Car of the Year. With five power train choices including two EcoBoost engines plus hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants. The new Fusion is delivering best-in-class fuel economy all wrapped in a dynamic package.
Along with Fusion, other finalists for the award included Ford C-MAX, Toyota Prius C, Mazda CX-5 and the Dodge Dart.
The Los Angeles International Auto Show has plenty of green cars and performances car to impress drivers everywhere.
For more information, click here.